I know America doesn't care. America keeps telling me it doesn't and I keep hoping it does. But I know the truth. I thought I was Malcolm X. It turns out that I am Hazel E.
VSB in your (in)box
You know what you need in your life? Weekly updates about all the pop culture, race & politics, Bougie Black People™ shit, and other grand tomfoolery we cover here on VSB. Plus early heads up about new tees, new contributors, and our events. Do it.
The Best.Comment.Ever (for today)
There are blockbuster movies and art house films. TPAB is an art house movie. Not even a Wes Anderson joint, but something you might see as part of a museum exhibit before you head to the dinosaur section. I have a yearly membership to the Smithsonian.
VSB in the Tweets
Most Viewed Stories Today
- The National Museum of African American History and Culture Is The Blackest Thing Iâ€™ve Ever Seen This Weekâ€¦and Ever
- Why Luke Cage Is The Hero Black America Needs Right Now
- I Use Exclamation Points In Emails With Women. I Do Not Do This With Men. Is This Sexist?
- How Being Ashy In Public Is Actually Underrated, Explained
- An Ode To DeVante Swing On His Birthday
- Atlanta Episode 5: “Nobody Beats The Biebs” Recap
- Why You Should Probably Stop Referring To “Women” As “Females,” Explained
- Nouns Black Men Use In Place Of Names To Greet And Acknowledge Each Other, Ranked
- I Can’t Root For The Knicks Anymore If Derrick Rose Is On Our Team
- Mary J. Blige Singing To Hillary Clinton About Police Brutality Is As Awesome(ly Horrible) As It Sounds.