Aside from Bill Clinton’s penis and Michael Douglas’ penis in movies starring Michael Douglas, nothing had anything good happen to them in the 90s. It was a truly awful decade. The clothes were shitty, everyone started drinking coffee, and everyone cool got shot or got AIDS.
Perhaps you remember this. Bougie Black People, however, do not. Bougie Black People love the 90s more than anyone loves any other decade, easily surpassing White people’s love for both the 1980s and the 1830s.
This love for all things 90s is only matched by their passion for bringing the 90s back. Hence the reason why, if you happen to ask a Bougie Black Person what they’re doing right now, you’re likely to get at least one of the following answers:
1. Taking a quiz to see which Living Single character they are.
2. Taking a quiz to see which Fresh Prince of Bel-Air character they are.
3. Taking a quiz to see which Martin character they are.
4. Planning a 90s nostalgia party.
5. Planning an outfit for a 90s nostalgia party.
6. Thinking about Lark Voorhees.
7. Listening to Mase.