last week, vsb reader p. merchant forwarded us a link to john t. molloy’s “why men marry some women and not others“, a comprehensive statistical study examining each gender’s dating, mating, and marriage tendencies.
although marriage was the focus of his research, many of his findings translate for all people, matrimony-minded or not. here’s six of them
1. men do have a biological clock, based on their desire to be an active father (especially to their sons)
2. all wives are trophy wives—men marry women whom they admire and like to show off (but not necessarily for their physical appearance)
3. men believe that they can size up a woman in 5 minutes. They’re usually wrong. If a man doesn’t call, it’s because he realizes that he made a mistake.
4. men don’t typically think of themselves as “dating” until after 4-6 dates
women typically think of themselves as “dating” after 2-3 dates, hence the problem
5. the fact that your man doesn’t bring you roses, but instead plops on your couch to watch TV and takes you for granted is actually a natural stage and the hallmark of almost all serious relationships—not a deal-killer.
6. the women who insist on being treated well are 2x as likely to end up marrying their man. no one marries a servant
so, people of vsb, what say you? which is gospel, and which is garbage? speak your minds and sh*t.