Keka Araújo, a native Detroiter, is a cross between Claire Huxtable, Rosie Pérez and Millie Jackson. Married to an East New Yorker and Mami to the dopest Ethiopian EVER, she is the Editor in Chief of "Negra With Tumbao" and a Staff Writer for "The Urban Twist". Keka has been known to shake what her mama gave her, is the hell and high water, an expert salsera and cussologist and is and forever shall be- unapologetically black.
VSB in your (in)box
You know what you need in your life? Weekly updates about all the pop culture, race & politics, Bougie Black People™ shit, and other grand tomfoolery we cover here on VSB. Plus early heads up about new tees, new contributors, and our events. Do it.
The Best.Comment.Ever (for today)
There are blockbuster movies and art house films. TPAB is an art house movie. Not even a Wes Anderson joint, but something you might see as part of a museum exhibit before you head to the dinosaur section. I have a yearly membership to the Smithsonian.
VSB in the Tweets
Most Viewed Stories Today
- 5 Birthday Gifts for the Toddler Who Has Everything
- On The Vital And Audacious Rage Of Valerie Castile, The Newest Member Of The “Fucked Up Mother’s Club”
- Facebook Banned Me For Writing “N*gger” In A Piece About Racism, While Emails Calling Me “N*gger” Still Sit In My Inbox
- Prodigy Lived His Entire Life In Pain, And I Hope He Finally Has The Peace His Music Gave Me
- The Difference Between Bougie, Boujee, and Bourgie/Bourgeois, Explained
- How Information Overload Turns Into Writer’s Block
- “Return of The Mack” Is The Best Song Ever That Nobody Acknowledges Is The Best Song Ever
- This Man Cooking On A File Cabinet Grill Is The Blackest Thing I’ve Ever Seen This Week
- Of Course The Officer Who Killed Philando Castile Was Acquitted, Because Nigger Hunting Season Is (Always) Here
- This Cuba Deal Reversal Is Bad, But I’m More Creeped Out By How Obsessed Donald Trump Is With President Obama