Keka Araújo, a native Detroiter, is a cross between Claire Huxtable, Rosie Pérez and Millie Jackson. Married to an East New Yorker and Mami to the dopest Ethiopian EVER, she is the Editor in Chief of "Negra With Tumbao" and a Staff Writer for "The Urban Twist". Keka has been known to shake what her mama gave her, is the hell and high water, an expert salsera and cussologist and is and forever shall be- unapologetically black.
VSB in your (in)box
You know what you need in your life? Weekly updates about all the pop culture, race & politics, Bougie Black People™ shit, and other grand tomfoolery we cover here on VSB. Plus early heads up about new tees, new contributors, and our events. Do it.
The Best.Comment.Ever (for today)
There are blockbuster movies and art house films. TPAB is an art house movie. Not even a Wes Anderson joint, but something you might see as part of a museum exhibit before you head to the dinosaur section. I have a yearly membership to the Smithsonian.
VSB in the Tweets
Most Viewed Stories Today
- Moving Day
- The World’s 10 Greatest Enunciating-Ass Negroes, Ranked
- Working From Home Just Might Be That Bullshit
- The Difference Between Bougie, Boujee, and Bourgie/Bourgeois, Explained
- Why We Joined Gizmodo Media Group (GMG), Explained
- 10 Things White People Don’t Really Seem To Give A Fuck About
- Trump Administration To Tackle Affirmative Action And Keep White Women Out Of College
- Defending And Excusing Problematic Black Men Aint Love, It’s Low Expectations
- Three Non-Football Reasons Why Baltimore Would Be The Best City For Colin Kaepernick
- VSB Interview with Queen Sugar’s Kofi Siriboe