Karma Jonez is a 29 year old Howard graduate, born and raised in Petersburg, Virginia. She is now making somewhat of a living in Atlanta, GA, where she relocated 3 years ago. She is a Public Relations Specialist who drinks too much wine, and watches more Love & Hip Hop than she'd like to admit. She has her own blog and weekly podcast where she says a lot of funny things and talks to super cool people. Her work has been featured on sites like XoJane, Blavity, For Harriet, WETV, BlogHer and more.
VSB in your (in)box
You know what you need in your life? Weekly updates about all the pop culture, race & politics, Bougie Black People™ shit, and other grand tomfoolery we cover here on VSB. Plus early heads up about new tees, new contributors, and our events. Do it.
The Best.Comment.Ever (for today)
There are blockbuster movies and art house films. TPAB is an art house movie. Not even a Wes Anderson joint, but something you might see as part of a museum exhibit before you head to the dinosaur section. I have a yearly membership to the Smithsonian.
VSB in the Tweets
Most Viewed Stories Today
- Bill Cosby Wants to Hold Town Halls on Sexual Assault and the Law. Bruh.
- Can We All Agree that DJ Khaled is the Best Human Being in all of Hip-Hop?
- 10 Non-Singing Ass Singers That People Swear Can Sing
- The Difference Between Bougie, Boujee, and Bourgie/Bourgeois, Explained
- On The Vital And Audacious Rage Of Valerie Castile, The Newest Member Of The “Fucked Up Mother’s Club”
- Facebook Banned Me For Writing “N*gger” In A Piece About Racism, While Emails Calling Me “N*gger” Still Sit In My Inbox
- Prodigy Lived His Entire Life In Pain, And I Hope He Finally Has The Peace His Music Gave Me
- 5 Birthday Gifts for the Toddler Who Has Everything
- “Return of The Mack” Is The Best Song Ever That Nobody Acknowledges Is The Best Song Ever
- How Information Overload Turns Into Writer’s Block