Jai-Celeste is a 18 year old college student who spends her days contemplating the wonders of her new-found adulthood, and debating if it would be easier just to spend her life as a caterpillar. If you're looking for her you can find her in these e-streets, eating bacon and silently judging the mothers of children with improperly punctuated forenames.
VSB in your (in)box
You know what you need in your life? Weekly updates about all the pop culture, race & politics, Bougie Black People™ shit, and other grand tomfoolery we cover here on VSB. Plus early heads up about new tees, new contributors, and our events. Do it.
The Best.Comment.Ever (for today)
There are blockbuster movies and art house films. TPAB is an art house movie. Not even a Wes Anderson joint, but something you might see as part of a museum exhibit before you head to the dinosaur section. I have a yearly membership to the Smithsonian.
VSB in the Tweets
Most Viewed Stories Today
- An Explainer for Folks (Dudes) Who STILL Don’t Understand The Shea Moisture Ad Uproar
- Group Dinners At Restaurants Are Never Fun, And We Need To Stop Having Them
- The Difference Between Bougie, Boujee, and Bourgie/Bourgeois, Explained
- Henrietta Lacks at Johns Hopkins, Slaves at Georgetown, and Compensating Specific Historical Wrongs
- How Mad Should I Be When White People Greet And Talk To My Dog When I’m Walking Him Instead Of Me?
- Underground Season 2 Episode 7 Recap
- Men Just Don’t Trust Women. And This Is A Problem
- That Time I Went to a Panamanian Restaurant and Almost Left Brokenhearted
- I Didn’t Know I Needed “Don Cheadle Rapping” In My Life Until Kendrick Lamar’s “DNA” Video And Now I Know That I Do
- Why Paris Dennard Needs To Catch The Fade In The Worst Possible Way