One of my absolute favorite songs out right now is Rich Homie Quan’s “Type of Way”. I love this song like Fitz loves Liv. I love it like rainbows love rainy forecasts. This song is on nearly every Spotify playlist that I’ve created.
Sade’s Smooth Operator Mix? Not unless Rich Homie Quan get’s his say. I even changed my name to Wealthy Friend Panama, but it didn’t have the same ring to it. And it just wasn’t true. Like at all. For one, I don’t even know Quan like that.
Despite loving this song to bits and pieces, I can acknowledge that the homey, Rich Homie Quan, is talking about some pure d non-sense. He invokes God quite a few times for somebody whose entire premise is centered around why everybody else is hating. Then again, he really just says, “ain’t no man perfect, but God”…poetry it ain’t, but it didn’t make me feel some type of way.
But you know what did make me feel some type of way? Glad you asked.
- The government shutdown has continued to make me feel some type of way. Not because I don’t enjoy a good vacation, but I don’t enjoy UNPAID vacations. One day is cute. Two days…less cute but rest is never a bad thing. No end in sight? Now you’re f*cking with my money. That definitely makes me feel some type of way.
- “Are we gladiators…or are we b*tches?” This piece of pure poetry was uttered by Harrison Wright on the 3rd season premiere of Scandal. I felt some type of way because I wasn’t sure if he was talking to me or not. I be gettin’ my gladiator on whenever I can so I didn’t appreciate him asking…even though he was asking the rest of the team…Abby, Quinn, Huck. I’m just saying, I feel some type of way now, like I need to go gladiate something.
- Scandal redux. Confession time: Until this weekend, I’d never seen a full episode of Scandal. I binge watched the entire series over the past weekend. I completely understand why women love it, but at the same time, it’s not the greatest show ever. HOWEVER, I found myself all wrapped up in and invested in the 3rd season premiere because a) I knew all the characters and it feels good to know who you’re talking about; and 2) even if something ain’t great, you can be totally compelled to pay attention. Plus, Kerry Washington. Duh.
- Apple products…wait…what? Let’s keep it gully. I’ve got an iPhone 4. Not a 4S. I’ve got no Siri. My phone has never spoken to me and tried to make sweet love to me by the fire place. But it has started acting up all to be damned. I’m trying my level best NOT to go buy a new iPhone, but I feel myself cracking. Sometimes my phone just does not work at all. Like at all. Like it blacks out and calls me a p*ssy. To my face. I wish I could show you, but its hard to take a screenshot when you’re phone gives zero f*cks.
- The lady who decided to attempt to drive into the White House, and when that didn’t work, she took on the Capitol. I don’t know all of the details, but this story has weird written all over it. There was a baby in the car. She was likely unarmed. But she attempted to run over some police officers. Or something. I just feel some kind of way because what the f*ck makes somebody with a kid in the car decide to attempt to penetrate the impenetrable? We may never know. I feel some type of way about this.
- The DC Screening of the “Very Smart Brothas” Pilot: we had a great turn out, and a great Q&A afterwards where we got to talk about the project and give some behind the scenes information about it all. It went swimmingly and I couldn’t be prouder of the team. People seemed to genuinely enjoy the pilot and that makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside. See, I feel some type of way in the positive sense. Thanks to all who came out and all who have supported. Thank you for sleepwalking with us. The pilot got some great reviews and people were genuinely excited for us. That type of motivation is why we keep on keepin’ on…no Xscape.
Who can I run to? To feel this empty space with my laughter…
So…it’s Friday, and if you’re like me, you ain’t got no job…what has you feeling some type of way?
Holler at a playa when you see him on the street, trick!
-VSB P aka THE ARSONIST aka lower.case.p aka GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRL HE A 3